How to Apply
Fill out an INTEREST CARD now!!!!
Optional info sessions:
- Monday, January 27th (6:15-8:15 pm), and
- Tuesday, February 25th (6:15-8:15 pm)
Sessions will be held at Station 34; 625 Kleiber Hall Drive (ON CAMPUS - Off Hutchison by the West Entry Parking Structure). Meet in front of the apparatus bay doors.
Application Period: February 3-28, 2014
Starting February 2014, we will begin accepting applications for the Student Resident Firefighter (SRFF) Program.
Upon acceptance of application, a written test to measure aptitude (no fire service background needed), a physical fitness assessment, and panel interviews will be held to establish a group of students who will participate in the Student Academy in June and July of 2014. Tests and interviews will be held from February-June 2014. Approximately 20 students will be selected for the competitive academy.
- Application Period: February 3-28th, through the student employment website: iccweb.ucdavis.edu/Students/aggiejoblink/stuhelp.htm (JOB ID# 773694 or search "fire" or "firefighter")
- Written Test: March 15th (scheduled)
- Physical Fitness Assessment: March 28th (scheduled)
- Panel Interviews: April 1-4th (scheduled)
- Academy Dates: June 23- July 18, 2014 (tentatively scheduled - 4th of July holiday will be observed)
From the graduates of the academy, a list will be created. With each current SRFF that graduates or leaves the program, a spot is opened up and offered to the top candidates on the list. Approximately 10 spots are available every two years.
The Student Resident Firefighters chosen for the program will begin working on shift at the beginning of the Fall Quarter (October) 2014.
You must be an ACCEPTED and REGISTERED UC Davis Student in order to apply and be invited to testing. It is critical that transfer students hoping to be eligible for the position be fully accepted as a student by the University NO LATER than Winter Quarter preceding the application period.
We ask that the candidates chosen for the program consider a two year commitment for employment.
In order to prepare yourself to be a competitive applicant, it
is important that you build physical strength as well as endurance and that you
visit http://www.ergometrics.org/ to get an idea of
the written testing process (Fire Team Test).
For questions regarding recruitment or the Student Resident Firefighter Program, please contact Program Coordinator Captain Cess Mercado by email at email@example.com.